Wednesday, January 22, 2020

[Jan 2020] Day 03: Sinchon, Music Bank Arrival, Hong Kong Dessert Cafe

It's Friday, meaning it's Music Bank day! I planned to see Bomin arrive at Music Bank for his MC gig in the early afternoon. So I spent a leisurely morning in Sinchon.
I first visited the Sinchon Graffiti Tunnel where Golden Child had unofficially announced a June 2018 comeback. I didn't realize that I always walked by this area that there was such a tunnel when I was studying at Yonsei!

Next I visited Yonsei University. When I studied here in 2014, majority of the main walkway was under construction. But now that I see the end result, the stone walkway looks quite basic...
Then I went into the heart of Sinchon, just outside of U-Plex where Golden Child held their first "Wannabe" busking.
I walked through U-Plex to get to the subway station, and saw Bomin Dahlia ads! I asked the attendant if I could take pictures, and she kindly stepped out of the way.
Here is another ad.

Afterwards I decided to kill time by enjoying yuzu tea, a veggie croquette, and cheese bread at Paris Baguette overlooking U-Plex. These were my three go-to items during my study abroad, and they still taste as amazing as ever.

Next I went to the KBS Building to try and see Bomin. Boy was I nervous! This was my first time trying to see an idol closely by myself; I had always chickened out of other opportunities. But I gaiend courage to try and make the most of this trip - after all I came to Korea to see Golden Child!

Some guy walked up the stairs and a small group of girls followed with cameras, but I have no idea who it was...
When a black van pulled into the lot, everyone rushed over to greet the special person. Turns out it was the other MC, Shin Yeeun, and it was her birthday today. There was a huge crowd around her as she slowly made her way to the building.

Later on another black van came in, and we flocked over until the van parked. The driver got out and walked toward the building; there was no one else.
Later on four guys came walking through.
I asked foreigners who were nearby and they said they were the new group 2Z, which I later found out just debuted a few days earlier.
Then the remaining people started to leave; I guess Bomin wouldn't come until a little later due to concert rehearsals. I walked toward the building entrance in sad defeat, and saw a Yeeun truck support.
Afterwards I went to Hong Kong Dessert Cafe (오후홍콩) where Sunggyu had his photoshoot for 10 Stories.
The cafe is very quaint and the inside really is reminiscent of a Hong Kong cafe. They offer pineapple buns and butter pineapple buns, as well as an assortment of drinks.

Though I wasn't able to see Bomin today, it was another fulfilling day for my Woollim heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment