Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 20-25: Purchasing Infinite Concert Tickets

Infinite's Summer Concert 2 is set for August 7-10 and 14-16, and with my luck, my summer quarter finals end on the 7th! This is going to be one boring entry about struggles of ticketing wars for idol concerts and my boring ticketing stories...rereading them, I don't even know why I'm sharing all of this. Official 4th Generation Inspirits (which I'm still beating myself over the head for not purchasing) can buy standing 1, 2 and 4 on July 7th, while the general public can buy standing 3 and sitting on July 9th. To go into the battle of the ticket war, I went to a nearby PC bang in search for comfy office chairs and quick internet. But when it turned 8PM, the servers were down as too many people were buying tickets. In the end, I disappointingly bought off a ticket from my friend's friend.

The following night at 2AM (so technically July 11th) is known as chicketing (cancellation + ticketing), so I headed back to the PC bang from 11:30PM until 4:10AM, desperate to buy a ticket for myself, as the cancelled tickets should be released soon. Just before 2AM, one or two standing seats would show up here and there, but were already gone by the time I clicked on them. Around 2:08, about 50-80 standing seats and 20-50 sitting seats were available for every concert date, but the servers were still pretty slow. Eventually I was able to choose from standing 3 and 4, but because this was my first time encountering actually selecting seats, I took my time and eventually all seats were taken. Again disappointed at my stupidity, I waited for 4AM in case more would show up, which they didn't. So I walked back to my dorm in utter defeat.

I stayed up until 2AM everyday from thereafter, desperate for a ticket, but doing this for three days straight, I was so exhausted and ready to give up. But I heard that on Monday, July 14th, at 8AM you can do something (which I later founded out was for Korean accounts to request upgraded tickets, meaning it doesn't apply to me), so I got back up at 8 and checked. There were still zero tickets available until 8:06AM (when I was practically about to give up and go back to sleep), when I saw one ticket available! I quickly clicked on it and was actually able to buy it; only one ticket available out of all of the seven concert dates, and I was able to buy it! I was in shock as it was random to release just one ticket, and perfect timing that I had checked at that moment. Despite the far seat, I will still be able to see Infinite one last time...probably my very last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment