Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 39-42: M2U and Applying for Infinite's Fansign Event

On July 28, 2014, Woollim announced a series of three fansign events for "Be Back" for the upcoming weekend. The first one will be held in Sinchon's U-Plex (the same exact place as Toheart's) on Friday, August 1 at 8PM. To apply, you must purchase the album from the CD store M2U, located on a side street behind U-Plex, next to a CU convenient store. The application period is from Monday, July 28 at 10AM to Thursday, July 31 at 7PM.
This store is small, but compact with lots of official CDs and DVDs and more. The outside has a big banner advertising Infinite's fansign event.
You enter the store, go to the cash register, and tell the worker how many albums you want to purchase as they have boxes of "Be Back" waiting to be bought. I purchased three albums and wrote my name and phone number (as a way of identification, not for communication) next to the next available number on this signup sheet. The worker let me take a picture of the sheet, which I stupidly took in square mode. I came at 9:19PM and was already 932-934! One person before me (based on this sheet) bought 20 albums...I didn't know so many people had already purchased albums before me, and there were still three days left of the application period. The worker stapled together three lottery tickets for me, which I kept (other stores require you to drop it in the lottery box). My albums also came with my choice of rolled posters, so I got one of each.
Here is the outcome of my purchase. I was confused as to why I would keep my tickets, so I went back to the store on July 30 (also to see how many albums were sold). The worker spoke English well and explained that you just need to check the website for your name, and if you're on there, bring your ticket and passport to the event. I went at 7:52PM and already 3541 albums were sold...I just saw one girl who bought 75% of one page of the sign up sheet...that's like 30+ albums?!? But at least each person can only win one entry into the event, so 3541 is technically not the number of people I'm competing against, it's just some people are more greatly weighted. Only one more day left to go...

On July 31 at 9PM, the store's website will announce the randomly selected 150 winners for the event.

I've been pretty lucky this entire summer with my Inspirit life, so I'm hoping three entries is enough. But honestly, with my anxiety for others paying attention to me, I've been losing some serious sleep and wouldn't mind not being chosen...(especially what if Sungyeol recognizes me...?).

I visited the store again on July 31 at 7:30PM, and there were no Be Back albums or posters in sight. I saw the worker at the counter, calculating the winners for the event and highlighting them in red. I tried to get a closer look but it was difficult...

Well...the website announced the winners at around 9:10PM, and I didn't get chosen. My friend's two friends bought 10 albums each and both got in, so maybe that's the lucky number. By the way, the albums here were 17,000 each, while other stores are around 13,000 ㅠㅠ

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I applied for a fansign event too and the announcement of te results are tmr! I went into the web so check it out but I didn't see any announcement of winners even for the previous events? I went to both the m2u cafe and blog but didn't manage to find anything! I was wondering where the page will be! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi^^ Wow, how exciting, I hope you get selected!!! Hmm, did you see a website on your receipt or ticket or anything? I would suggest you going back to the store and asking them how you'd find out if you won, or if they've already announced it, just asking them for the list of winners. I hope you find out!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply hehe!!! I rly hope I'll get it too!!! I checked the details and they said they'll announce on the blog or daum café so I think I'll just check tmr!!! If not I'll head down! Thank you for the help! :)

      Delete
    3. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that you'll get it^^ No problem, good luck~~

      Delete