Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 48: Box+ and Nana Piercing in Apgujeong

I continued my Infinite Around Seoul tour next at Apgujeong. Today I went back to Box+, this time in broad daylight. As I approached the store, all the Hoya feels came rolling right back in! 
Here is the door Hoya awkwardly touched when trudging into the store in "Man in Love." My friend and I were the only customers and there were two stiff, judgmental guy workers. We walked in, walking around the round tables that Hoya walked around while shopping for jewelry and shoes. Then we walked up the stairs Hoya was on! All this time, the more judgmental guy followed us ridiculously closely (as if he were shopping with us) and he went upstairs with us. Then we walked back down, and, despite the window saying no photos, I asked the other guy, who was much more approachable and who turned out to be the manager, if I could take pictures. He said no (though honestly, I'll be doing them a favor by advertising for their ridiculous fashion sense since no one's actually shopping here). 
I then looked at the autographed CD display, and then he said I could take pictures of that. 
I was sad to see how faded Inspirit was; why must they leave these precious treasures in the sun everyday!
Then I asked the judgmental one if I could take pictures of the staircase (since it was not of their products), then he asked the manager who went to the back and said it was fine. So I took a few! I wanted to take one of me on it, but I felt like I outstayed my welcome. I even forgot to take a business card.

Next stop was Nana Piercing, a popular piercing place among idols. Though I had always refused to get other piercings other than one pair, for the past two days I was determined to get an extra piercing just because Sunggyu went there for the "Back" concept. But soon I realized that I was making an irrational decision based on ridiculous reasoning, and chickened out, despite trying to be like Infinite to the extent of getting a piercing. Instead, I decided I should still provide business here, and should just buy earrings instead.
To get to this shop, go back to Apgujeong Rodeo Station (압구정로데오역) and get out of Exit 6. Continue up this block and you will hit a side street and a Paris Croissant, which should be visible from the exit. Then turn left into this side street, and after passing two store fronts, there should be another perpendicular side street (which is parallel to the subway exit and main street), and at this small intersection, just look to the left and it's right there! Here is the current storefront (I think they remodeled the exterior recently). 
Step inside, and the first half of the store is filled with idols' autographs and wishes to Nana! On one wall is also a collage of Polaroids, but I couldn't recognize anyone. There are signs posted on the walls saying no pictures. But Infinite's autographs (sans Myungsoo and Woohyun) were on the wall at the front, so my back was turned to the workers and hence I got this photo. 

Majority of the store is filled with earring displays, and the piercing is done in the very back. There are also signs saying not to touch the merchandise. There are so many designs and styles, so everyone can find something they like. There are no prices on display, so you have to ask the price for each earring, then the worker has to search in the binders for the price. You buy each earring individually, not as a pair, and then they ask if you want a backing, place it all into a mini ziplock bag, and then finally in a small plastic capsule. The backing is a ball that screws to the post, which seems more secure than the American and Chinese earrings I'm used to!
I saw these earrings on their Instagram and had to buy them! The wing earring is 14,000₩ each and the bow is 9,000₩ each. I had to get some sort of wing design as Dongwoo's seen with that wing earring so much and the bow because it's similar in shape to an infinite symbol.
On our way out, we picked up a business card and a brochure of hallyu related places in Gangnam. Here's the page of Nana, with Sungyeol mentioned, probably for his famous left ear loaded with piercings.

And these places are within walking distance of Cofioca, so if you're ever there, maybe you should stop by these places as well!

5 comments:

  1. does nana do body piercings as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Based on their Instagram, I believe they also do eyebrow and nose piercings. I'm not sure if they do other piercings, but they do seem experienced so they might!

      Delete
  2. how much do piercings generally cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't know how much piercings cost at Nana. Whatever the case, it's still an experience just stepping in the store!~

      Delete
  3. ¿Se pueden comprar los piercing por internet?

    ReplyDelete