Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 48: Myungdong Shara Shara and Myungdong Station

Today, Friday, August 8th, my friend and I had one last adventure in Myungdong, Gangnam and Magwon Station, which I'll split into three blog posts.
As Twitter showed that a new wave of Myungsoo endorsements had arrived at Shara Shara, I decided to stop by the location in Myungdong that's next to the 32cm ice cream and across from Etude House and Holika Holika. I usually avoid this location as the worker outside is always so aggressive, but decided to test my chances. I went inside and asked how much I'd need to spend to get freebies. They said 10,000₩ for the fan (which they had given me while I walked in...), 40,000₩ for a postcard, or 300,000₩ for a poster. And this is why I hate this company so much -.-  But my friend ended up buying about 47,000₩ worth of snail face creams, and the worker gave her a Myungsoo gift bag, along with two new fans (without the hole cut out) and two rolled up posters (similar image as the fan)! After we had walked out, I noticed that they didn't give us postcards (despite us not spending 300,000₩; though I was scared they'd just take away all of our freebies) I went back in and asked if we could also get postcards. The worker hushed us and said she should only give one, but she gave two! I think the manager wasn't in, so we were able to get so much!
Afterwards we went into Myungdong Station for some Kpop shopping. There are two Kpop stores that I know of, and the first one I went to was in the middle of one of the two hallways. Here, I noticed that there were more Elite products! They had the poster set like last time, but this time they also had two copies of the mini comic book and a sample of it. I have a feeling they had this last time I went, but I was just too excited about the other Elite product to have noticed this one. I bought one for 5,000₩, along with another Infinite mobile strap for 6,000₩ and an Exo ear cap (for my friend!) for 7,000₩.
The other Kpop store is at the corner, near an exit. This time around, there were many official goods, such as SM shirts from the Pop-Up Store (selling for the same price, in their plastic bags), along with white One Great Step tees for 45,000₩, and even two Second Invasion tees for 29,500₩! There was even still a thick layer of dust on top. Also there was a huge supply of magazines, including The Star from June 2013 for 4,000₩ and High Cut from December 5th, 2013 for 3,000₩ featuring Infinite on the covers. Also there was a huge load of official slogan towels for many Kpop groups. For Infinite, they had Man in Love and Last Romeo for 20,000₩. I ended up buying both magazines featuring Infinite, the Second Invasion tee and Last Romeo towel!

I talked to my Korean friend later on and she said the slogan towels are probably fake, as only Woollim sold them in front of broadcasting stations before music shows and now they're sold out. She's also questioning the concert shirts, which makes me sad, as I was so excited about buying all of these. I'm not really sure what to think though, so I'll just put this thought past me.

In the end, I got Myungsoo endorsements and rare and official Infinite goods, so it's been one great day for this Inspirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment