Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 52: Revisiting Dongwoo's Restaurant and Infinite's New Dorm, Old Dorm, Old Practice Room and Favorite Restaurant

On Tuesday, August 12th, I decided to visit Dongwoo's restaurant one last time. My Korean friend and I arrived at 12:21PM and almost every table was full, including the special room. There were not only fangirls, but also tables with older parties, families with young children and guys also eating here. Yet still the service was good and the food came out fast.

Dongwoo's Restaurant
We left at 1:38PM and paid Dongwoo's dad. I looked up at the surrounding Dongwoo photos and started smiling, then he asked my friend in Korean where we are from. She said Seoul and he looked surprised, then asked where I'm from and she said USA. Then in English he said 22,000 (for our total) and "고마워요."

Infinite's New Dorm
Infinite's current dorm is located in the apartment buildings just under the Mecenatpolis mall (I think they're all under the same name). To get here, take the subway to Hapjeong Station (합정역). If you get out of Exit 5, directly across the street is a good view of the mall and apartments, like the photo above. Exit 10 leads you directly into the mall.
The main attraction for me was finding the filming location for This Is Infinite where Sunggyu failed his mission and had to do the 24 Hours dance! I also have to rewatch the episode to see which cafés he went into. This area is on the ground floor where there's a water fountain and rainbow umbrellas hanging above.

Infinite's Old Dorm and More
Afterwards, we headed to Infinite's old dorm and favorite restaurant for an early dinner. But this time, my friend showed me the other Infinite related places in this area! So walking into that 3040 노래방 side street and then turning left is the restaurant.
But just before turning left, right next to the 노래방, is the side door of the practice room that Infinite used during Sesame Player days! And the above yellow sign is for the restaurant.

Then turn left, and you'll see this street! And then facing the restaurant, to the left is the main entrance to the practice room. And then two doors down from the restaurant on the right is the old dorm.
Here's the old dorm in daylight. Also the market from This Is Infinite when Sungjong was the leader and the members had to buy food on a budget is nearby, but I didn't have time to find it.

Infinite's Favorite Restaurant
Then we went to the restaurant! Inside there were only four other fangirls, gathered around the floor tables. The same friendly woman asked us if we were Infinite fans, and then who's are favorite member. I said Myungsoo, then she joked saying everyone's his fan, as most of the other fangirls' biases were Myungsoo also. She pointed out which member sat where, which was the table the other girls were at, and they were so friendly to let us join them! There were two from Malaysia, one from Macau, another person, and later a Japanese Inspirit came into the restaurant (also Myungsoo biased) and we offered her to sit with us, but she decided to sit alone. The two Malaysians were so friendly, and one told me how their friend went to the OGS Malaysia concert and Myungsoo took a selca from her phone twice! Eventually the cook lady (who's not very friendly compared to the other lady) kicked the two Malaysians out because they were sitting there occupying seats for too long, and the restaurant was beginning to get full. Despite this, the atmosphere is so much more friendly and welcoming during the daytime!
I sat in Myungsoo's usual spot and my friend sat in Sungyeol's. I could not stop smiling, just thinking about their debut days here. Their usual table is on the floor, the middle two tables.
 
Then the friendly lady brought out the banchan, and pointed out that Myungsoo's favorite is this bean sprout! She spoke in Korean, then asked, "you understand, right?" I assumed she said this was his favorite, but just to be sure, I shamefully asked my friend to clarify.
And soon my kimchi jjigae arrived! So delicious, I'll definitely miss this dish so much.
My friend ordered the mackerel. I wish I knew what each of the member's favorite dishes were! Supposedly the fish is Sunggyu's...?
I noticed on the wall that now there is a Season 2 autographed CD, which definitely wasn't there when I came on Friday! I wondered if Infinite stopped by over the weekend, but I was too nervous to ask the lady when was the last time Infinite came by. At 6:30 we left, and it was getting more crowded.

This area is definitely one of my favorite places that I visited. Everyone is so friendly, the food is amazing, and it's such a must for Inspirits to come!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my God you're so lucky you've been there and sit at L spot >.< and I'm here still dreaming about it. Hopefully soon...^^
    I love your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh btw what time the restaurant is not so crowded usually?

      Delete
    2. Hehe I hope you'll get to visit soon and also get to sit at L's spot^^ I visited their favorite restaurant twice, and it seemed to be crowded from around 6:30pm to 9pm when they close; I'm not sure about lunchtime though. I think it's best to go in between lunch and dinner^^ Also thank you for reading my blog, it makes me happy to know~

      Delete
  2. Hey, May i know where is dongwoo's restaurant located at? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I wrote about my first timing visiting Dongwoo's restaurant in this post (http://myseouladventures.blogspot.gr/2014/07/day-21-dongwoo-family-restaurant.html?m=0) with instructions on how to get there. I hope you find it helpful^^ It's located near Guri Station~

      Delete