Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 55: Infinite That Summer 2 Day 6 Concert Experience

Today is Friday, August 15th, or Day 6 of Infinite's That Summer Concert 2! And it's all the concert that I managed to buy directly from Interpark; I'm so happy to see my own name printed on the ticket!
Here's the gorgeous concert banner in broad daylight.
Here's the schedule for today's concert. Today starts at 6PM. Because I bought my ticket using an international a Interpark account, I had to pick up my ticket at the ticketing booth starting three hours prior. I came at 3PM and there were was no line to pick up tickets, but there was a long line for people buying cancellation tickets (I didn't really understand how that process works). 
I also passed by the merchandise tent, which closes in one hour. So many items are sold out.

Then I decided to visit fansites, though most seem to be closing soon. There are some small fansites that walk around and pass out fans, others that you line up in long lines and they mark your ticket and you can then pick up a free fan (people flock to these and the fans run out super quickly!) and others are the huge fansites where you donate to get goodies.
Here is a free fan I received while waiting in line for another item.
Here's a fan I waited in line for from Hogam (actually there was no line, but the point is I had to go up to them). On the other concert days you had to pay for this, but since it's Hoya Day, it was given for free to those with today's concert ticket. She highlighted the concert date on my ticket.
And I somehow got talked into donating to five fansites. Many of the most popular fansites sit together, so it's easier to find them.

엘의날개/L'aile (10,000₩ for fan and postcards/+5,000₩ for photobook)
Honeytree (10,000₩ for fan and photocards)
Turning Point (20,000₩ for fan, postcards and slogan)
Season & Planetarium (joint fansites to support Sungjong's upcoming birthday) (10,000₩ for fan, 10 photocards and phone sticker)
Hoya Macaron (10,000₩ for fan)
Honestly I regret this one because I only get a fan, and I like the free one I got of Hoya much more. But it's to support Infinite, so it's okay! This concert has really made me love Hoya so much more so I'm so happy to have supported his fansite!
For this concert, I settled on only bringing my L'aile fan (though I was really close to bringing Honeytree's or Hoya Macaron). Here's my ticket as well. It says I bought it on July 14 at 8:09...how lucky is that, tickets sell out on July 7 and 9 yet I manage to get one five days later! Still reliving that moment...

At 5:35PM our line finally started moving. When we passed by the merchandise tent, I saw at least 10 people already camping out for merchandise!

Standing 4 is slightly elevated from Standing 2. When I entered, there was a mass huddled at the center and it tapered to the right. I stupidly went to row 5 of the mass, which I soon regretted. Everyone was somehow ridiculously taller than me so I could hardly see several members at a time, if at all. There wasn't much pushing and everyone behind me had lots of room while in front of me was jam packed. If wasn't until later, when I got pushed forward a row or so, that I felt an incline at my feet...the first three rows get a leg up with this slight platform! So for many performances, I couldn't see until I tiptoed I'd have a chance, and for comments I could usually see a couple of members. And with Hoya being disabled, I was luckily able to see him most of the time since he was located off to the sides.

I'm thankful to have seen the previous night's concert clearly, so I have a good idea of what's going on even with an obstructed view. And I could think more clearly and realize things I recalled about yesterday's concert are a really inaccurate -.- so I've edited that post.

And onto the random ancedotes I can recall~

The audience seemed so much more lively and inspirited today! Everyone sang along with most of the songs, and the fanchants were very much alive. Just during the "Back" music video, the fanchant was very intense!

Today Sungyeol's hair seemed more natural. Yesterday he had a wavy perm look. Also during one of the last songs it seemed like he lifted up his shirt just a tad bit in order to pull it down.

Myungsoo's voice was so much more amazing and sounded much healthier today! When he sang "Diamond" and "A Person Like Me," I died.

During the second ment, Woohyun sang his first line from "Beautiful" (bringing back serious OGS feels), Infinite F sang two lines of the chorus of "Heart is Racing," and Dongwoo rapped from "Alone." Later Hoya did his "I say Ho, you say Ya" bit.

During the "To. Infinite" message board, Sungjong read one that said "CEO 정윱, 사랑해요!" This really made Sungjong burst into hysterics, and he even went on all fours and couldn't stop laughing. Another post-it question asked each member to sing a bit from their solo stages. Myungsoo sang a few lines from K.Will's "Day One!" Sungyeol did his first song, then sang a couple of lines of "My Heart is Racing" alongside Sungjong and Myungsoo! We called for Sunggyu to go, but he didn't. Hoya didn't either, since he just performed. Sungjong did a little of his Michael Jackson performance, but he was just whispering practically so he did part of "Good Morning" too. And Dongwoo did a bit of rap. I'm so glad I went to this concert date, as I could experience just a bit of each member's individual performances, and especially hear Myungsoo and Infinite F.

During the solo stage, the VCR showed a street fighter video game concept, with Hoya versus Sunggyu, and of course Hoya won! After showing Hoya's childhood photos and interview clip, the screen showed that Hoya wrote and composed this song himself! Then on the left of the stage, looking sleek in black, he played the piano to a slow and soft pop ballad-like song. Then all the lights go off, and soon he's standing center stage and starts rapping with dancers in the background. Sadly I completely missed his entire performance after he left the piano, so I don't know if he was dancing or standing or what. After his song ended (which caused so many feels for me...I never noticed Hoya so much, but he seriously shined so much tonight! Such a bias wrecker.), he left the stage and we kept calling his name. He came back out and sat down and talked to us. Then he performed another ballad with one of the band members accompanying him on the guitar. Everyone was singing along.

After Hoya's solo stage, the other members ask him to sing it again. He sang literally only two syllables, and we all laughed.

During "Back," above the stage yesterday they word "B A C K" was lit up with many bulbs, but today only the B and K showed up. Also "I N F I N I T E" lit up as well.

I was a bit lost due to the language barrier, but during the ending ment I think Hoya made all the members and audience laugh ridiculously first. Myungsoo laughed obnoxiously then abruptly stopped and said 네, and we all laughed at the silliness. Sunggyu also cut his laugh short so it was funny. The order of standing was the same as last night's, except this time with Sungjong at the far right, and the order of going first was chosen differently.

Woohyun gave his speech, then said "사랑해요...사랑해...I love you...네꺼 네꺼...네꺼하" and we repeated back to him everything and for the last one we said "자!" Then Hoya said to Woohyun, "끝났죠?" Sungyeol said in English "Thank you, I love you." Then Myungsoo whispered into his ear and Sungyeol said his "If you ever cheat on us I will chase you 'til the end of the world, I mean it." Then he finished his turn with some more sentimental-seeming Korean.

As it was Hoya's day, he introduced all the band members. During his ending speech, Hoya thanked his family members and I think his dancing teacher noona was in the audience, sitting in the first row of the second floor on the right side if facing the stage (around where Sungjong's mom sat yesterday), and they shined a light on her.

During the last song, Woohyun was hugging Dongwoo in the center while singing his first lines. Myungsoo wasn't trying to catch the confetti so much this time.
At 8:41PM, the concert ended. Right after the concert, because Standing 4 is so small, the staff member quickly swatted people away from taking photos of the venue. But I managed to get a few of my view once people cleared out.

Here is a pretty accurate tracklist of tonight's concert that I reconstructed from memory:

That Year's Summer
I Like You
She's Back
Cover Girl

Intro Ment

Julia
Memories
Diamond

Ment

Man in Love
Entrust
Amazing
Be Mine

Hoya's Solo Stage (x2)

Message VCR

소나기
Paradise
Chaser

Post-It Board Ment

A Person Like Me
Voice of My Heart

Pillow Fight/Interview VCR

Last Romeo
숨좀 쉬자
로시난테

Ment

Back

---Encore---

Come Back Again

Ending Ment

Nothing Better Than This

As my last time seeing Infinite, I'm surprised I'm not depressed. I think I'm just really thankful to have been able to see them perform so much while studying in Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment