Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 48: Infinite's Favorite Restaurant and Old Dorm

All Inspirits know about Infinite's old dorm from Sesame Player and their favorite restaurant just next door, where Myungsoo obsessed over kimchi jjigae. To end my day, I headed over to Mangwon Station for a visit!
To get to both of these locations, walk out of Exit 1. Turn right, then straight for one block. You'll have to cross a four way intersection. Then keep going straight for about half a block, and look into the side streets on the right until you find the red circle 3040 노래방 sign. Turn into this side street and pass about two storefronts, then there's another intersection. Turn to your left, and the restaurant is to the left, and the dorm is just right next door!
The storefront of Infinite's favorite restaurant, 행복한 마당, listed its hours, stating it closes at 9PM. Yet we literally arrived at 9:01PM. We entered anyways, and it was a full house. There is a long table with benches fit for eight people on the left, and then four floor tables fit for four people each. The table was full of chummy adults while three of the four floor tables were full; one was of more adults from the same group, another of a young couple and the last was a group of fangirls. I wish I could have sat where Infinite usually sits, but the seats were all full. One woman at the table motioned us to sit next to her, then she saw my fangirl excitement and asked if I'm an Infinite fan. I said yes. She was very welcoming and friendly! 
 
She gave us the menu of Infinite's usual dishes, but we knew what we wanted; we ordered two kimchi jjigaes!
I haven't ordered kimchi jjigae since I left America just so I can really cherish the one that Myungsoo obsessed over for two years. And now I understand why he did! The kimchi had a slight crunch to it like radish, and was perfectly sour and divine.

There were so many questions I wanted to ask the woman, but she was so busy around the counter. She did give us tasty banchan and later peaches as dessert, which was a pleasant surprise! But the adults were a little drunk so I felt uncomfortable next to them.
At the cash register there are small photos of Infinite, though it just seems mostly of Woogyu (top). Bordering the ceiling were photos from various Infinite magazine photoshoots (middle). And around the restaurant, like behind the front door, there are just random Infinite things (bottom).
 
On the wall behind the floor tables were the Infinite posters, larger photos, autographed albums and a board of Infinite's autographs. I wish I could get a better look at these! Later I foundout Infinite usually sits in front of this wall! Here's the left section of the wall...
And middle...
And finally the right side.

I absolutely love this restaurant! It feels so homely and the kimchi jjigae does live up to the rep Myungsoo gives it.
If you're outside looking at the restaurant storefront, directly to the right I believe is Infinite's old dorm from Sesame Player. Now there are people living there so I just took a quick picture and went on my way. I have a knack for going to photo worthy places when it's pitch black -.-

Of course all my photos are blurry, as my excitement overtook my already failed camera skills. But I'm coming back, this time during the day, and when my feels have hopefully been tamed!

Edit: My second time here I gained a lot more experience, so please check out my upcoming post for more Infinite related places within the same area!

No comments:

Post a Comment